Table of Contents
In this video, I show you how to remove the putter head from the shaft. I use a propane torch, but a heat gun would suffice too. This technique can be used for irons, wedges, etc.
The way these are built makes it difficult to remove their shafts. I suggest doing the following to get around this:
- Get a bowl and fill it with water and lots of ice
- Submerge the putter head (make sure the entire hosel is submerged) in the ice bath
- Add some coarse salt around the hosel
- Wait for it to get cold (20 minutes or so)
- Take it out, dry it quickly, and hit it with the propane torch mentioned in the "standard" shaft removal method below.
- Propane Torch and Propane Torch Head OR heat gun
- Heat Resistant Hand Wear