Table of Contents
Who is this drill best for?
This drill will be best for:
- Golfers who struggle to achieve a full shoulder turn in the backswing
- Golfers who have a steep or shallow shoulder angle during the backswing
Required Materials and Equipment
For this drill, you will need:
- A mid to long iron (4, 5, or 6 works great)
- (optional) an alignment stick to trace your shoulder turn against
This drill is simple, yet effective. It removes the golf ball from the equation and allows you to focus on your shoulder turn and the correct steepness of it.
- Grab a long iron and fold it across your chest
- Practice making a shoulder turn where the butt of your club points just outside of the golf ball or alignment stick on the ground
- Practice the "hip bump" transition move in the simulated downswing