Table of Contents
Who is this drill best for?
This drill will be best for:
- Golfers who struggle with inconsistent tempo
- Golfers who feel "out of sync"
- Golfers who struggle to feel the correct positions of the golf swing
Required Materials and Equipment
For this drill, you will need:
- A driver or 3-wood
- A range to hit balls at
This drill is incredibly simple. All you need is a driver or 3-wood and the goal is to hit golf balls at a fraction of the speed of your normal swing. This is incredibly tough to do at first and requires a lot of kinesthetic awareness—a great skill to improve as a golfer.
- Tee up a golf ball at the range
- Setup to the ball normally
- Take a swing at about 1/16th or 1/32nd the speed of your normal swing
- The actual speed doesn't matter—just think "slomo"
- Hit golf balls until you can solidly contact the ball and hit it relatively straight