This is a simple finish that doesn't cost all that much, and looks great, especially on old T.P. Mills putters!
Before Starting This Tutorial, Your Putter Must
- Be removed from shaft
- All nicks and dings removed
- Beadblasted with 80-120 grit glass beads
- Washed with dish soap and water
- Birchwood Casey Gun Blue
- Perma Blue Liquid Gun Blue Kit- I don't think that purchasing the entire kit is necessary unless you don't have a sandblasting station.
- Individual Bottle- If you purchase this individual bottle, you will just need to use acetone or rubbing alcohol to do the preliminary cleaning as shown in the video.
- Alternative product - Brownell Oxpho-Blue (this will achieve a similar finish and although I have not personally tried it, have heard good things about it)
- Q-Tips- for applying the Liquid Gun Blue- if you purchase the kit, these are unnecessary