This is a simple finish that doesn’t cost all that much, and looks great, especially on old T.P. Mills putters!
Before Starting This Tutorial, Your Putter Must
- Be removed from shaft
- All nicks and dings removed
- Beadblasted with 80-120 grit glass beads
- Washed with dish soap and water
- Birchwood Casey Gun Blue
- Perma Blue Liquid Gun Blue Kit– I don’t think that purchasing the entire kit is necessary unless you don’t have a sandblasting station.
- Individual Bottle– If you purchase this individual bottle, you will just need to use acetone or rubbing alcohol to do the preliminary cleaning as shown in the video.
- Q-Tips- for applying the Liquid Gun Blue- if you purchase the kit, these are unnecessary
Got some sweet refinishing photos? Send an email to email@example.com with the following information to be featured in the community refinishing gallery.
- Any attribution you would like (i.e. Instagram Handle)
- Your first name
- A link to your photo album (i.e. Google Photos, Dropbox)
- (Optional) Descriptions of each photo (how you did it)
Want to submit your own tutorial? Please see my tutorial submission guidelines.