Although this is merely an extension of another tutorial, I thought I would create a separate page for the satin finish so that it doesn’t get glossed over.
Unlike the rest of the tutorials on the site, this one will not have a materials list, or a video.
This is because the “Satin” Finish, otherwise known as the “factory” finish for many putters is simply the process of the following 5 steps:
- Remove the clubhead from the shaft
- Remove the Nicks and Dings from the putter
- Beadblast with 80 grit glass beads (this is the same exact process as sandblasting, but with a different blasting media – see the sandblasting/beadblasting 101 tutorial for more help)
- Give it a nice looking paintfill
- Install the shaft
And that’s it! This is an extremely powerful technique that doesn’t require a whole lot of time or effort, but looks fantastic.
The following photos are examples of what you can achieve with this “satin” finish:
Got some sweet refinishing photos? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information to be featured in the community refinishing gallery.
- Any attribution you would like (i.e. Instagram Handle)
- Your first name
- A link to your photo album (i.e. Google Photos, Dropbox)
- (Optional) Descriptions of each photo (how you did it)
Want to submit your own tutorial? Please see my tutorial submission guidelines.